Saturday 10 May 2014

Here I am again. Working in the Emergency department has drained me physically and mentally so much that I now want to have sometime to get back to the feeling of normal life. Had a lot of emotional and learning experience working in A&E and this has taught me a lot about dealing with difficult people especially. There were days when I had a complete break down but at the end of each and the beginning of the next day, I realised that I was stronger.  There were incidents that left me with memories I will never forget. People I could never forget. People who were bad professional examples. People who were better examples. I feel like I have jumped over a rough hurdle and I am still trying to recover from it. So much of stress and emotions.
I don't know how much the public understands about the stress that every professional goes through to meet the 4 hour target in A&E to see patients within this target, but let me tell you, we work pretty hard for this. Eating on the go, drinking on the go...sometimes not being able to have a break for long hours. Still, the amount of times we apologise to an angry patient when they start shouting and making an issue over waiting or not getting priorities...
Now, I am almost back to my normal work times but procrastinating tasks because I don't feel like I am there yet. A holiday would do :). Hmmphhh,  it won't happen any soon. I better finish off a lot of things before even thinking about travelling. I love travelling that I am always planning holidays but then I realise that I don't have the time yet.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Lots of love
x

No comments:

New season

 I cannot believe I made it back in here for the second time this year.  My new baby is playing/about to cry sort of state in the background...