Thursday 14 January 2010

Snowfall and long white winter!

The whole country is annoyed by the snow at present. Driving and public transport are disrupted quite badly, and it is in a way a shame that UK cannot afford to manage this well. Yes there is credit crunch, but this white-winter is something that was anticipated by everyone, so there should be a reasonable level of preparation. Uni's and school had to be closed for a couple of days last week due to grit shortage. UK is running out of Grit! What a disaster. No more snow loving. I would love to accept this weather if it was safe to drive or if it was safe to walk on the pavements. Well, at least the main roads stay clear, which is appreciatable. I do love the snow but I want my street cleared. I was expecting the snow to be melt by this weekend so that I could drive home but by the look of it, its gonna continue to snow and make my driving halted further. I am, at the moment, getting lifts from my friends to go to my attachments, which is good so far.

Hopefully, it stops snowing or they spread salt on all the streets that have not had yet! And I prefer the latter :)) Nevertheless, it feels the new year is pure and clean with the carpet of white. It was a nice experience watching the white-blanketed fields, little hills and frozen ponds out of the train window during the last weekend-travel to London.

PS: Wishing everyone a very Happy Pongal/Sankranti :) It has been many years since I last celebrated Pongal. Always stuck in Uni at this time. There is nothing compared to those pongal celebrations in places like India and Sri Lanka! Have a good day!

5 comments:

kanagu said...

snow.. I love them much..

hope the snow paves way for you to drive :) :)

Saranya S said...

Yeah, luckily the weather has turned good :)) No snow and I am off driving home. Yay!

Hemanth Potluri said...

i wish i could dance in the snow :)..

urs..hemu..

Vani said...

yeah..heard abt da heavy snowfall in UK..Is it ny better now?

Saranya S said...

Vani, Yeah it got much better. Now its just the cold and sometimes rain :)

New season

 I cannot believe I made it back in here for the second time this year.  My new baby is playing/about to cry sort of state in the background...