Monday 29 September 2008

Hmmm...

I guess my internet and I have come to a temporary truce. I ve rarely had any probs with computer and internet connection except a couple of times when I had to replace the graphics cards. Okay, coming to the point...internet on my second home system that is connected wirelessly to the main Pc is giving troubles for a couple of days now. I have to go through the connect-disconnect-connect-disconnect... process for at least five times until it gets connected properly. Or otherwise the status says "Connected with limited access" and I have no access to the net. Btw, there is no probs with the main PC's Internet connection. Hmmm..dunno what's wrong.
And I had to pay off a fine today. For the 2 books I borrowed from the local library and forgot to renew. I hardly borrow story books but prefer to buy. But those books I borrowed were Tamil ones..It has been many years since I last read a Tamil book so I decided to read over the holidays but it took me forever. I think I got them sometime in June and the due date was a week back. However I gave up on them almost a month ago as they were extremely boring with complex vocabularies which, Ive never come across before (cos I think the book was written in the 19th century) ..so thought I should return them....but was a little late in doing it ;) and ended up paying.
Will try and look for a better one in Tamil after this, probably on next summer holidays.
I love to read a lot but don't get much time like I did when years back.....Hmm...
By the way, any suggestions on good titles to read? I don't mind any; science, fiction, non-fiction, horror...;) or even philosophy.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey saranya, i used to get connection problems...but i don't recall the logistics behind it as it was my bro who fixed it.
um atleast u could read Tamil...i cant even read somali that well...disgracefull?
sudi
-x-

Hemanth Potluri said...

hahah...connection with the internet ...this is most common prob these days :P....


and books ..let me think i suggest u wat A suggested me to read Tuesday’s with Morrie....


have a gud one...

urs..hemu..

Aneesh said...

Cool!
Here are my suggestions.

1. The kite runner
2. snapshots from hell, the making of an MBA
3. digital fortress
4. angels and demons

Need any more? :)

Thena said...

Same problem here, I always had problems with internet connections.so I recently got wireless, hoping that i'll get better connection n my sis can use her laptop when she is at home..but no luck, it's still not working properly, actually its worse now (sigh)..
Books...I would strongly recommend 'Good night Mr Tom'..I loved reading it, n felt sad wen finished :(..wanted to read more of it..lol

Priya Joyce said...

My suggestions wud be

1 The last detective
2 Deception Point.

I'll try 2 be truthful said...

hi saranya , i like the way you put your views across so honestly . Read your comments in someone's blog about respect , & liked the way you stood for what you thought ( i'm also of the same opinion) .

two good titles( if you haven't already seen them) :-
1. A suitable Boy ( vikram seth )
2. Collected works by Satyajit Ray

Kumiththa said...

I always get this connection problem. Never understood the exact reason..well..I dont bother experimenting after i got connected..lol..
Thanks for reminding me. I need to return a book tmorrow:)

Saranya S said...

Sudi:you have someone to fix it, thts good :)you CAN still read it though not well..thts good anyway ! :)

Hemanth:thanks for ur suggestion..will try that :)

Sachin:thanks :)

Aneesh: I ve already read some of those ..will do check the kite runner! thanks :)

Thena:Hmm, its annoying. thanks for the suggestion :)

PJ:thanks.well famous titles!

I'll try 2 be truthful: Thanks so much :) and nope, haven't read those books, and will do give a try soon :) thanks!

Kumiththa:ye,nobody wants to experiment it as long as its connected and working.thanks

Saranya S said...

Sudi:you have someone to fix it, thts good :)you CAN still read it though not well..thts good anyway ! :)

Hemanth:thanks for ur suggestion..will try that :)

Sachin:thanks :)

Aneesh: I ve already read some of those ..will do check the kite runner! thanks :)

Thena:Hmm, its annoying. thanks for the suggestion :)

PJ:thanks.well famous titles!

I'll try 2 be truthful: Thanks so much :) and nope, haven't read those books, and will do give a try soon :) thanks!

Kumiththa:ye,nobody wants to experiment it as long as its connected and working.thanks

Aneesh said...

Yah, you should, it's a wonderful book :)

Vani said...

I used to get connection problems when I used dial-up connection. Now that I'm using ADSL I dont get any trouble. Not yet atleast.. :)

Hats-off to u for trying to read a 19th century tamil book. U amazed me sanu :)

Saranya S said...

Aneesh: :)

Vani:I borrowed it purely by mistake. If I knew it was gonna be such complicated I wouldn't have taken it. Still I managed to read half of it just for the sake of getting! lol.

New season

 I cannot believe I made it back in here for the second time this year.  My new baby is playing/about to cry sort of state in the background...