Wednesday 5 November 2008

The Ladder

There has been a lot of things going on simultaneously these days. Happened to go to the Diwali Ball and Yo Machan. I am not feeling very well also. It looks like an on/off system that the fever is playing on me. Gotta catchup the lecture notes, clinical etc. Additionally....I have an assignment to do as well.

I came across this image in my pharmacology lecture.. I thought the description given about the image was interesting. Besides any kind of my personal views. Thought to share it here. Just a short piece of simple explanation.

According to what I had heard, the person who is standing in the left of the image wearing coat belongs to the upper class, the one who is upstairs to the middle class and the third one belongs to the working class. It is concluded so because the upper class is giving the instructions, the middle class is actually doing the work and the working class is just holding the ladder.

NB: To those of you who are confusing as to what has it got to do with Pharmacology, you may be right. But its just the term "ladder" that was concerned as in analgesic-ladder. And the description about the picture was given just to add a little spice to the hot pharmacology lecture ;)
I had to google for the picture to bring here so hope it was worth it...and not disappointing to you for any reasons.

Take Care!!

12 comments:

Kumiththa said...

hehehehe..very nice explanation for the picture. Yo machan really rocked! Diwali ball was ok..

Good luck with your assignment!

Priya Joyce said...

hmmmm that's a nice explanation for the picture...Wen I saw I never hot it wud hav such philosophy behind it.



ps:)
I am sorry for the unedited post gal I found a lot of rong english out there...apologies dear..

Hemanth Potluri said...

rock it saranaya....wer r the pics of ball u promised to slide show :P...heheh..and good luck with yar assignment and doo well :)..

urs..hemu..

Saranya S said...

Kumiththa: Yeh thats tru! thanks :)

Saranya S said...

PJ: Ye I wouldn't have too. thanks :) Erm, im not sure which post you are talking about ?!? :)

Saranya S said...

Hemanth: I didn't get to take many pics at the diwali ball but will do put on some soon :) lol. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Another interpretation for this picture :
The working class ppl hold the life of other ppl.
Middle class are the ones who really enjoy the life.
The upper class ppl can just see the life. They cant enjoy the life much as others...

Sarves

Saranya S said...

Sarves: Woww! I liked ur intepretation more :)) that was a good one!

Aneesh said...

ooh! A mixture of topics and information. Well written mixing it all up, like the way you cook.. just mixing and boiling :)
Not disappointing, it was an interesting read!

Saranya S said...

Thanks a lot Aneesh :) lol, u still hold on to that cooking joke!! Hmm!

peaceful_blossom said...

Interested explanation! Keep enjoing your lectures!

Anonymous said...

interesting meaning behind picture - sad how the working class were viewed then and kinda now i guess

naima xx

New season

 I cannot believe I made it back in here for the second time this year.  My new baby is playing/about to cry sort of state in the background...